[opensuse-buildservice] OBS status meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:28:44 +0100

Topics:
Status updates
Faris & Talks
Factory Build enablement
New server deployment

Hello and happy new year from OBS team :)

Status updates during last years meeting:

freitag:
* Thinking about jabber based notification system.
* about to send final suggestion for merge request API.

jcborn:
* repository remangeling based on kiwi config descriptions is almost working.
* TBD: installation-images extraction integration into KIWI for creating
installation images.

abauer:
* increasing lighttpd timeouts to make large file upload more reliable.
* Further work on supporting direct streaming for downloading (no mem copy on
api anymore) in ruby on rails.
open: lighttpd seems still to copy, WIP with mrueckert.
this solves also memory leak problems.
* work on new repository selector in web client together with rlihm.
* plan to work on rails 2 upgrade.

mls:
* package/repo sign key change gets handled correctly by zypp.
We will change the top level projects to individual keys this week.
This means that installer tools will ask their users again to trust the
inidividual key.

To be implemented in the api:
create new project key
delete project key
download project public key

open question: what to do with projects without any key in future. For now,
we will block the delete in this case.
* Peter joined build development team now officially, welcome :)

adrian:
* some hazzle with factory package renames -> see factory build topic below.
* openSUSE:*:NonFree projects contain the non-oss repos. This should make the
exceptional Java:Sun-Java-1.5 project obsolete. Please change your projects
repositories.

Fairs and talks in 2008
=======================

FOSDEM participants: abauer, rlihm, jcborn, freitag, mls, adrian
talks: mls talks about solver
abauer/rlihm talks about build service web interface re-design
cross distribution packaging workshop (mls/freitag/adrian)
kiwi imaging (jcborn/ms?)

Linuxtag : "Software für Millionen / Softwareportal"
interesst to go freitag, abauer, adrian(?)

---

LWE SF: adrian(?)

Brainshare SLC: (adrian, mls?) talking about "OBS and esp. build service
clustering and virtualisation"

Enable full Factory build
=========================

The plan is to build and to release Factory via the OBS in next milestone in
three month. Since we have anyway some hazzle already in the last weeks due
to package renames, we decided to enable the factory build and use OBS build
factory packages to build against in other projects.

Michael wants to add support for baselibs package generation before, so we
will do the switch next week.

new hardware:

New hardware to replace the api/web and backend servers is installed, we will
deploy it until friday and do the switch on monday next week.

bye
adrian