Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Availability of config.log
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:14:18 +0100
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2008-01-08 08:47]:
* Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-01-07 23:23]:
On 2007-12-21 01:02:39 +0200, Christof Hanke wrote:
don't know if this has been asked before,
but it'd be nice to be able to retrieve the config.log in case of a
failed configure on an architecture one does not have.

build locally with osc build.
osc help build for more

Basically I agree, but one problem with this is that "osc build"
doesn't support link'd builds.

yes, yes, but adding a workaround instead doing a bugfix do not make sense ;)

One point might be 64 bit errors. People that have 32 bit machines
cannot run "osc build" to find 64-bit specific configure problems.

But basically I agree that we should encourage people to do local
builds to find out build errors instead of using the server again and
again which is tedious for the user and produces unnecessary server
load ...

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>, Architecture Maintenance II
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nürnberg, Germany