Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Splitting the buildservice mailinglist
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:44:02 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

Now that the buildservice is open for all, how about splitting the
mailinglist in two.
Meaning buildservice/-user/newbies/virgins/support/help/whatever@xxxxxx
and buildservice-expert/project/ũberhacker/whatever@xxxxxxx

The reason I ask is this: I'm a baby-rpm/spec creator and I have quite
often "stupid" questions I would like to ask, but I feel this list is
not the right place to put said questions forward.
If a "lower" entry list where available, I/we could play with our own
kind. Of cource I hope a lot of the oldtimers would subscribe to that
list too, just to give a hand to us lost newborn.

This a very low traffic list, so I think your idea is not so good. Ask your questions here. Either you get a

read FAQ/wiki/... at ...

or an directly helpful answer in which case you can update the BuildService wiki with the stuff you learned from that answer and save the next one to ask the same question.

If you need to ask stupid questions, there may be two reasons:
a) the documentation (in this case mostly the wiki) is incomplete
b) you're stupid :-)

The first case is on-topic here and the second one will not be fixed by a seperate list as well.

Ciao and Merry Christmas