Re: [opensuse-buildservice] expansion error
  • From: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:32:54 +0300
I have a Ubuntu7.10universe subproject myself because for whatever
reason the Ubuntu guys list some parts of boost in universe (mainly the
-dev packages so you can *Use* boost in the main distro but need
universe if you want to compile against boost).
eg;
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libdevel/libboost-graph-dev

For those interested my ubuntu universe rebuilds are in
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Amonkeyiq%
3AUbuntu_7.10Universe

I'd be happy to migrate these to an Ubuntu:7_10:Universe or whatever
common repository. One upside of having such a common repo would be
being able to include it in the web interface, so you can check "include
common extras from universe" or something on your xUbuntu 7.10 repo in
your OBS project.

Would this be possible anytime soon, or should I create a sub project for
fxload as suggested for the time being?

I think stuff like boost and xercesc are quite annoying being in
universe for easy builds of software for ubuntu using OBS. I'm not sure
how you would admin such a repo/project. If you use the same interface
and just add folks or maintain a request interface for folks to ask for
packages and have them magically appear...

Jasem