Re: [opensuse-buildservice] reporting bugs against buildservice projects/packages now possible
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:45:39 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 03:22:29PM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 12/12/2007 at 3:58 PM, Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just enabled the link to bugzilla in the OBS webclient. It uses a new
role called 'bugowner' to determine the assignee of a reported bug.
Bugowner roles can be given by using the [Add User] link in the
webclient, or adding another <person/> element using osc.

Very nice... hope people will use it in a good way. But this means: only
people with a OBS Account are able to report a bug in a package? I think it
would be good to have a Report Bug link also on the software.o.o/search
interface. Is more likely that an end user get's a packet from there.

I would also appreciate that. At the moment, the buglink is primarily
visible to the package maintainer himself (who might even be the
bugowner himself).

Would it be possible to have the summary preset to someting like
[project/package]?

Great idea. That seems rather necessary to me.

Another question is, do projects need a "report bug" link, or should
only packages get one? Isn't a reported bug always about a package?
Would one ever report a bug about a project?

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development