[opensuse-buildservice] links from games:libs to openSUSE:Factory
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:14:15 +0100
Hello,

I've seen that many libraries from games:libs are actually links to the
equivalent of openSUSE:Factory.

As this helps us always having the latest of the lib available in games:libs,
it also imposes a big risk of instability on older products. So for the moment,
SDL_ttf for example does not build for older Distros (SUSE 10.0 for example)
because of missing BuildRequires.

Of course they can all be adjusted in the Project-Config of SUSE:10.0. But is
this what we want? Do we want to offer games:* in a 'stable and tested' way or
do we want to offer whatever bleeding edge we get in Factory?

I'm actually in favour of the stable part. The ones that want factory, will
likely go for installing factory.

Comments are highly appreciated.

Dominique

--
Sorry for the annoying disclaimer.

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.