Re: [opensuse-buildservice] reporting bugs against buildservice projects/packages now possible
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:22:29 +0100
Hi,

On 12/12/2007 at 3:58 PM, Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I just enabled the link to bugzilla in the OBS webclient. It uses a new
role called 'bugowner' to determine the assignee of a reported bug.
Bugowner roles can be given by using the [Add User] link in the
webclient, or adding another <person/> element using osc.

Very nice... hope people will use it in a good way. But this means: only people
with a OBS Account are able to report a bug in a package? I think it would be
good to have a Report Bug link also on the software.o.o/search interface. Is
more likely that an end user get's a packet from there.

As soon as a bugowner is set, a link called [Report Bug] appears below
the description on the project/package pages. Clicking this link will
open the bugzilla new bug form with product, category and assignee
preset to the (hopefully) correct values.

Would it be possible to have the summary preset to someting like
[project/package]?

Otherwise it can end up quiet fast that noone knows exactly where from the bug
comes; the package is most likely readable from the report, but it could be in
several projects.

Packages inherit the bugowner role from their project like the
maintainer role. The role is not propagated through namespaces though.

What is your suggestion? Should it be as 'fine grained' as possible, so that I
set myself as bugowner of all 'my' packages (which are some in the OBS, spread
over several projects), or would it be better for the 'projects' to elect
somebody that is making bug triage, and assigning to the owner of the packets
later?

Thanks for the great work!

Dominique

--
Sorry for the annoying disclaimer that follows.

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.