Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Questions for games:* repos
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:26:53 +0100
Hello,

On 12/5/2007 at 12:44 PM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Games:strategy:turn-based builds against games:libs repositories (instead
of,
like now, against openSUSE_xx.x)
This offers all the libs available in games:libs at any time and reduces the
need of the links / aggregates.

This is definitively a good idea. I will do it this way afterwards if
there are no objections.

May I dare to ask what's the status here? I think it was not performed yet, and
from the, well, in fact short discussion on the mailinglist I did not see any
objections. But I might have missed them.

Yesterday, I just added smc (Secret Maryo Chronicles) to games:arcade and we
either pull in some more libs (libdevil, libSILLY, libcegui and some more for
it to build) or we have the whole repo built against games:libs (I'm in favour
for that).

games:libs being built against the JAVA repositories, as I think there will
be more games coming with potential Java requirements (I was looking a bit
into Slam Soccer).
The Java remain, as is, built against the openSUSE_xx.x repositories.

However, I'm not quite sure about this. As far as I know Java packaging
makes wrinkles on packagers' foreheads and I would like to hear more
comments on this from games:* maintainers and maybe some Java packagers,
before we build games:libs against Java repos.

For this part I still would like to hear some more discussion. I would like to
add Freecol to games:strategy:turn-based, but this will not work if Java is not
available. Thoughts please?

Dominique

--

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.