[opensuse-buildservice] Questions for games:* repos
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:33:16 +0100
Hello,

During the openSUSE Packaging day, I created packages for FreeCol (as wished
per Wishlist).
The game is based on Java and thus I had to base the 'build repo' on a Java
repository.

Now I would like to move the game to games:strategy:turn-based, where it
actually belongs. But this won't work, as there is no Java available in all
those build repos.

In plus I see a 'issue' with the linked libraries. A lot of Links basically not
helping a lot.

what do you think if we restructure a bit like this (example from
games:strategy:turn-based):

Games:strategy:turn-based builds against games:libs repositories (instead of,
like now, against openSUSE_xx.x)
This offers all the libs available in games:libs at any time and reduces the
need of the links / aggregates.

games:libs being built against the JAVA repositories, as I think there will be
more games coming with potential Java requirements (I was looking a bit into
Slam Soccer).

The Java remain, as is, built against the openSUSE_xx.x repositories.

Any comments on this? Or any good alternatives on how I can move FreeCol (and
future probably Slam Soccer) to the games:* repositories?

Thank you very much for your thoughts!

Dominique

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,000 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.