Re: [opensuse-buildservice] apache2-devel replacement for Fedora
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:12:06 +0100
Hello,

on Montag, 3. Dezember 2007, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Christian Boltz escribió:
Does someone know which package I need to use instead as
BuildRequires?

httpd-devel

Thanks, that is what I needed.
Unfortunately httpd-devel is Apache 1.x, so a mapping wouldn't be really
useful because I have to call apxs instead of apxs2.

(Webpin for all distros in the buildservice would be quite useful...)

I ended up with a %if section:

%if %{defined fedora_version}
BuildRequires: httpd-devel
%define serverroot %(/usr/sbin/apxs -q datadir 2>/dev/null ||
/usr/sbin/apxs -q PREFIX)/htdocs/
%else
BuildRequires: apache2-devel
%define serverroot %(/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q datadir 2>/dev/null ||
/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q PREFIX)/htdocs/
Recommends: postfix
Suggests: php-pgsql
%endif

Fedora's RPM also doesn't understand Recommends and Suggests :-(
Is it possible that the buildservice strips these tags automatically?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
He was the same guy formatting his linux two year ago because his
soundcard didn't work. After a while of consolehacking, google-ing and