Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Including Qmail + vpopmail + ... to BuildService
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:30:43 +0100
On 2007-11-30 15:41:04 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Friday 30 November 2007 15:26:15 wrote aledr:
Good day!

Qmail is officially public domain now! \o/
So we can include It into openSuSE. =D

But now I went out to the same issue I've asked some time ago: some
packages needs to be build as root and the build service does not
allow It.
There are some projects at build service but or they are not updated
(like maildrop as example) or they didn't build successful.
Is there a way to apply a patch to my local build service or to
provide "build as root" int the openSuSE build service?

Just do not call the bs_worker with the --norootforbuild switch.

Actually we could allow this in OBS instance as well, since we are secured by
XEN, but I would like to enfore a bit more clean package builds ;)

But couldn't you fix the qmail build enviroment to support non-root builds ?

It would be really helpfull for all packages ;)

i once had a working build without root of qmail. i sadly lost my spec
from the back than. and my new spec is not fully done yet.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you