[opensuse-buildservice] Re: cross-compilation (in OBS) - success report
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:12:36 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

Stanislav Brabec wrote:

I just tried to analyze the cost of the cross-compilation support in
OpenSUSE BS.

I just experimentally cross-compiled several packages from the 10.3
sources. It is not so complicated as it seemed before, but I had to
fight with many minor problems.

First - thanks for experimenting with this - something I have
wanted to do for a long time.

Richard Guenther probably knows, how to build full cross compiler
package. It should be trivial.

Haha - you think so ;) Any target that uses glibc is non-trivial
to build a cross-compiler for. At least if you need to bootstrap
the target, if you are fine with re-packaging the target native
glibc package as a cross-glibc package it will be a lot easier.
See the CrossToolchain:sh4 build-service project for an example
how to set up a bootstrapable glibc target.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
Novell / SUSE Labs