Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Stripping debug info into a separate rpm?
  • From: Ben Martin <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:56:07 +1000
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 13:24 +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
On Tuesday 27 November 2007 11:27:45 Ben Martin wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 10:43 +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
On Sunday 25 November 2007 19:05:51 Ben Martin wrote:
This seems to work for F7,F8 and opensuse 10.3.

I already had at the top of the specfile;
%define name foo

Not needed.

I had that in there already because the %{name} is used many times in
the header of the package

Still not needed. Name: foo defines the %name macro for you.

Ah... one of those moments when I realize that I need to RE-RTFM. Thanks
for pointing this out to me.

On Fedora 8:
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

On opensuse 10.3:
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

With the nastier brute force method I was using it would package on both
package = ~/fuselagefs

Is this home:monkeyiq/fuselagefs? I'm not sure if it's the cause of the
problem, but I see you "commented" out some macros in the spec. Unfortunately
the way rpm parses specfiles is that it first evaluates macros and then
strips comments. So your
#%debug_package fuselagefs-debuginfo
line will results in an expansion of the %debug_package macro with the first
line commented out.

Yep, thats the fuselagefs. You were correct, stripping out all of the
debug comments and just putting the one solo
after the description works like a charm.

Thanks for highlighting this little somewhat unintuitive trap of rpm
spec files.
< Previous Next >