Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Stripping debug info into a separate rpm?
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:37:06 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Michal Marek wrote:

Is this home:monkeyiq/fuselagefs? I'm not sure if it's the cause of the
problem, but I see you "commented" out some macros in the spec. Unfortunately
the way rpm parses specfiles is that it first evaluates macros and then
strips comments. So your
#%debug_package fuselagefs-debuginfo
line will results in an expansion of the %debug_package macro with the first
line commented out.

Yeah, that's a brain-damaged behaviour.

Always nice to track down the errors of somethink like

%define myvar value # myvar contains ...

or

# %debug_package

BTW: Could %debug_package be changed, so newer Mandriva and Fedora do not expand it twice? It seems this macro is enabled by default for these and if contained without if in the spec-file it results in an error.

Ciao