Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Stripping debug info into a separate rpm?
  • From: Ben Martin <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 04:05:51 +1000
On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 17:35 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Saturday 24 November 2007 16:14:11 wrote Ben Martin:
OK, it would seem to be an advanced project flag but I'm having trouble
changing it to verify my guess...

osc meta -e prj monkeyiq:home
<debuginfo>
<disable />
</debuginfo>

yes, this is defined in xml schemas, but not yet supported in the backend.
So this have no effect atm.

All what you can do atm, is to change this settings directly in the spec
files.

bye
adrian

Hmm, after a little digging this is what I came up with, mainly posted
as a kickoff point for others and in case other ml readers have a better
solution.

This seems to work for F7,F8 and opensuse 10.3.

I already had at the top of the specfile;
%define name foo

Directly adding the debuginfo macro expansion after my own package
metadata at the top of the spec...
%package debuginfo
Group: Development/Debug
%description debuginfo
This package provides debug information for package %{name}.
Debug information is useful when developing applications that use this
package or when debugging this package.
%files debuginfo -f debugfiles.list
%defattr(-,root,root)

And after calling %makeinstall
adding
%__debug_install_post

Not quite as easy as I'd hoped but makes for a much leaner download with
the possibility for debugging if desired :)