Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How does one add F7 updates to their build deps
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:38:58 +0100
On Saturday 24 November 2007 09:15:14 wrote Ben Martin:
How does one add F7 updates to their build dependence's for a fedora 7
package?

From looking at this
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_reposi
tories_to_a_project

And from looking at the list here
https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_public

It would appear that fedora updates are not tracked for 6,7 or 8 in the
build system.

right.

If this is correct is there any chance of adding these for
all who require updated packages to build against?

Not automatic atm. We may can find a solution together with the Fedora people.

But may I ask, why do you need these updates at all ?

Usually, all software what is compiled against the GA versions should work
with later updates. Is this not true in some cases on Fedora ?

bye
adrian