[opensuse-buildservice] Recommended method to get at universe for Ubuntu?
  • From: Ben Martin <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:59:27 +1000
What is the easiest / recommended method for getting at a package in
universe for building ubuntu packages using obs? The xerces-c XML parser
gives expansion errors if attempts are made to build for ubuntu 7,10
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/libxerces27

For Fedora 7 updates its somewhat easy to create a subproject, rpm2cpio
the src.rpm from F7 updates and import it into the subproject. Have obs
rebuild the package as it would be in updates. Then make a dependency on
that subproject from the F7 repo on my main obs project. I'm not quite
up to speed with how to suck in a package from the debian sources
though...

I suspect that the universe / updates for "distro-other-than-novell"
issue would bite many others too.