Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora: choice for kernel >= 2.6.14
  • From: Ben Martin <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:44:18 +1000
On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 09:11 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 04:48:27PM +1000, Ben Martin wrote:
Building a package that uses FUSE I get this error on Fedora builds;
have choice for kernel >= 2.6.14 needed by fuse: kernel-debug
kernel-PAE-debug kernel-PAE kernel kernel-xen

Trying to keep opensuse 10.3 happy by adding with
BuildRequires: kernel-binary-packages
which allows the 586 opensuse package to build
but then the fedora build fails with expansion errors;
nothing provides kernel-default, nothing provides kernel-smp, nothing
provides kernel-bigsmp, nothing provides kernel-um, nothing provides
kernel-kdump

Perhaps some sort of "default" choice for the fedora map to just
'kernel' ?

I am using "-kernel" in the BuildRequires to remove the errornous kernel
dependency in my gphotofs package.

Ciao, Marcus

Thanks for the tip. For future reference to folks searching I originally
had a bunch of
BuildRequires: foo
BuildRequires: bar
lines, with this and a final one of BuildRequres: -kernel it would fail
to build because MAKEDEV could not be found. Collapsing all the
BuildRequires into a single clause in the specfile seems to have enabled
it to compile ok again.
The joy of peeking at gphotofs' specfile :)