[opensuse-buildservice] Building packages that require java for Ubuntu 6.06
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:05:00 +0100
Hi,

I did set up a local build service now successfully and in general, building
packages works fine.

Now I tried to build the first java package which results into the following
log:

[...]

installing g++
installing login
installing dpkg-dev
installing debconf-utils
installing ucf
Moving old data out of the way
installing automake1.4
installing flex
installing bash
installing sun-java5-bin
sun-dlj-v1-1 license could not be presented
try 'dpkg-reconfigure debconf' to select a frontend other than noninteractive
dpkg: error processing .init_b_cache/sun-java5-bin.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
.init_b_cache/sun-java5-bin.deb

Is that only a local problem here in my installation or doesn't that work at
all?

The problem is, that the package want's to have the sun license accepted.
A workaround:

--------------------------------------[...]---------------------------------
cat <<EOF >> /var/cache/debconf/config.dat
Name: shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1
Template: shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1
Value: true
Owners: sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre
Flags: seen

Name: shared/error-sun-dlj-v1-1
Template: shared/error-sun-dlj-v1-1
Value:
Owners: sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre
Flags: seen

Name: shared/present-sun-dlj-v1-1
Template: shared/present-sun-dlj-v1-1
Value:
Owners: sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre
Flags: seen
EOF
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install sun-java5-jre

Can that somehow be applied to the build systems install process?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger