Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Status of openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:53:29 +0100
On Friday 16 November 2007 14:38:00 wrote Cornelius Schumacher:
On Friday 16 November 2007, Adrian Schröter wrote:
(new nameing scheme was described in a status report some weeks ago)

Could you point me to this report? I don't seem to be able to find it.

That were our requirements for the new release process:

Requirements:
- We need stable packages
- Move extra files from packages to svn (AI: adrian)
- multiple tar balls and spec files for each part
* api
* web clients
* backend
* worker
* signing daemon package only for distros with patched gpg
* signing client package ?
- A release must be possible at any time
- A release must be done on each milestone from the roadmap
- We guarantee forward compatibility, either by supporting
old data or converting data automatically
- We make binary packages only from svn tags.
- Releases should be pre-announced
- RELEASE_NOTES directory in svn to document incompatible and major changes
- updated docbook documentation for
- administrators
- users
- developers
- testing process
- obs-testing package
- QA interface AI: adrian/freitag ask ories
- test on opensuse.org
- release packages
- 1 week test and polishing time before release
- release announcement for news.o.o and mailing list

- QA project from hackweek evaluation