Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Status of openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:33:24 +0100
On Friday 16 November 2007 14:28:15 wrote Cornelius Schumacher:
On Friday 16 November 2007, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
I've now checked in the package to the build server for broader
testing, and it built successfully. I've disabled publishing, so the
packages can only be fetched right from the API at this time.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%3ATools&package=
ob s-server

Feedback welcome :)

The package names always confuse me. Would it make sense to rename the
source package to "opensuse-buildservice" and let it create
subpackages "obs-webui", "obs-frontend", "obs-backend" and "obs-runner"?
That would better reflect what the different packages are about and also
make it possible to install the web UI without having to install the
frontend.

We agreed already on a new nameing scheme and more splits, but we wanted to
have working packages with current svn trunk in the first step and split the
packages afterwards.

(new nameing scheme was described in a status report some weeks ago)

bye
adrian