Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Status of openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Nov 2007 12:44:55 +0100
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> writes:

froh:

* working on the obs package cleanup and update
packaged files got submitted to svn below the
.../buildservice/dist/ directory.

I've now checked in the package to the build server for broader
testing, and it built successfully. I've disabled publishing, so the
packages can only be fetched right from the API at this time.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%3ATools&package=obs-server

The package needs further cleanup, especially for

- centralizing configuration
- centralizing monitoring logfiles
- enhancing monitoring (screen for all)

but also for

- clarifying the spec file
- simple, straightforward setup and use

and the sources need enhancements to achieve that.

Just one example is the frontend import script that needs to be run
after importing into the backend. That needs to figure it's currently
hard coded backend from a config, and it should be run by the
obs_migrate_project, which should also restart the scheduler. Things
like that.

My first focus is getting it working out of the box and adjusting the
README.SETUP so it reflects what you really need to do.

The README.SETUP does not cover yet how to use the publisher, as I
haven't tested that yet. All the rest worked for me.

Feedback welcome :)

S.
--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5