[opensuse-buildservice] Status of openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:48:02 +0100

froh:

* working on the obs package cleanup and update
packaged files got submitted to svn below the
.../buildservice/dist/ directory.
Working on a script to do the "make dist" task automatically
for reproducable releasing of build service packages.

rlihm:

* in bugfixing and icon drawing mode.
* continue to work on usability mockups later this week.

jcborn:

* facing a problem that YaST does install the package from any
repository, but not from the one specified in ymp.
AI: jcborn create bugreport to add functionality in YaST to
specifify the package install from certain repository.

ro:

* We will have quite soon a public beta testing for official openSUSE
updates. All packages, which are not affected by an embargo from
security team will get a pre testing in future and be available at

http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3-testing/

(does not exist yet)

abauer:

* Doing bugfixes introduced with new UI and iChain email address take over.
* Frontend delievers user names to the backend for source changes.
* Preparing talk about build service not well known features. Talk will held
at SUSE Nuernberg internally, but we will make the talk public available
afterwards.

mrueckert:

* users.opensuse.org is online and even announced now :)
130 users have subscribed meanwhile, most people accept guiding principles.
* next tasks are:
- create test suite for users.opensuse.org
- work on open ID provider implementation to allow authentification for
external community sites as requested

freitag:

* Wrote OBS article for Linux Magazin
* Will work on proposal how to open FATE for openSUSE

mls:

* got new signature hardware, which can create gpg keys for projects in
future
* extend sign app to create new keys on request and fix a non conform way to
rpm how to handle keys.
* We plan to create new gpg keys per project next week.

adrian:

* administration OBS
- Fedora:8 import
- Debian:Etch amd64 packages import
- removing "illegal" content ...

AI: find out how YaST reaccts on changed gpg key for repo.