Re: [opensuse-buildservice] BuildRequires --- whats available?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:19:34 +0100
On Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:41:07 wrote Martin Ginkel:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Tuesday 13 November 2007 09:13:30 wrote Martin Ginkel:
Hi,

I'm new to OBS but quite confident with packaging.
I have some Questions to usecases of BuildRequires:

a) I have a package to build with a specific java version
I specified "java-sdk >= 1.5.0" build build reported
failed build dependencies.
Is this because of:
[ ] non-oss software

yes.

But you can use the Java:Sun-Java-1.5 project instead of a standard
distribution project, if you want to compile with closed source java.

This means I have to include the package from the other Project into my
workspace?

When you build against Java:Sun-Java-1.5/openSUSE_10.3 repository, the system
takes rpms for this repo (the Java rpms) and all other packages, which do not
exist there from the openSUSE_10.3/standard repo.

You can change this easily via

osc meta prj -e <your_project>

[ ] the use of feature names instead of package
names in BuildRequires

b) I have a stack of independent packages, forming a
dependency graph: One of them needs the xxx-devel package
of the other.

Unpredictably build fails sometimes because of
"nothing provides xxx-devel"
How can I make build to search in my home-project for the other
package?

This should happen by default. Show me the project and package where it
does fail...

The root is home:martin_ginkel/lwp
The dependent packages are .../rpc2 and .../rvm

Both fail due to expansion errors.

Both fail to find lvm-devel, this package is not provided in your home project
as well. There is also no -devel package for any lvm package in our distries,
so I do not know, what kind of package you really need here (neither the
OBS ;)