Re: [opensuse-buildservice] packages that depend on curl-devel
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:33:36 +0100
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 08 November 2007 15:00:41 wrote Michal Marek:
Hi,

is there a way to query the buildservice for packages than need a given
package for building? Specifically, I'm interested in packages that use
curl-devel (AKA libcurl-devel).

If that's not possible, and anyone happens to know such packages and
that are not part of openSUSE:Factory, please let me know.

Usually, you should be able to use the name from openSUSE:Factory and the
service should map it, when you build against old distros.

libcurl-devel vs. curl-devel isn't the point here, the dependency
substitution works fine for me. What I'm looking for are packages that
use the libcurl-devel package for building, for a buildtest of a libcurl
API change ("let's build everything and see what breaks"). I used the
'whatdependson' command in autobuild to get a list of Factory packages
that depend on libcurl-devel, but I'm sure there are more packages in
the buildservice that would fit into my testing set.

Michal