Re: [opensuse-buildservice] error with upload of non-xml file named _link
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:46:20 +0100
John Pye wrote:
Hi all

I think I found a serious error with the Web UI. I was attempting to
link to an existing package in someone else's home project. I created a
new package in my home project, gave description, etc, then clicked [+]
to add a new file. I named it _link and uploaded a small, trivial text
file as a place holder (there is no way to create an empty text file
using the Web UI). One my text file had uploaded, I got the output shown
below.

Probably the webclient is trying to parse the (bogus) _link file and
crashes. Deleting it with osc should work.

I couldn't see any other obvious way to link to another package: either
I should be barred from uploading _link files, or this problem should
cause a more graceful failure.

There's a [Link Package from other Project] button at the bottom of the
project page :)

Michal