Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New design
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:01:49 +0100
Dirk Stoecker wrote:
c) One major request:

Reduce the SPACE needed for
- package display on project page
- repository overview on project page
- monitor page.

Possible ideas to do so:
- use symbols with mouseover texts instead of the texts
- use multicolumn tables
- different places
(ask your designers)

When I get the displays for home:dstoecker onto my 1280:1024 screen, I
will be happy.

Also, with the new design, if the build monitor table doesn't fit into
the screen, it gets a separate scrollbar at the bottom of the screen,
which can be quite hard to reach (opposed to the browser window's
scrollbar). Eg. to find out the status of NetworkManager on openSUSE
10.3 / x86_64 here

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=GNOME%3ASTABLE

one has to scroll the window down, then scroll the monitor table to the
right and then scroll the window back to top. With the old design, this
was much easier, because only the browser window had scrollbars.

Is this an oversight or is it intentional?

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on openSUSE Factory btw.

Michal