Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build packages for mono binaries
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:50:57 +0100
On Monday 05 November 2007 04:32:57 wrote To:
Hi,
I've developed an application written in mono. I'm very newbie with this
kind of stuff and I'm not very sure if this openSuse-buildservice can
help me. I only want to create RPM and DEB packages for my binaries.
I have a mono executable, one dll and a folder with xml languages.
That's all. I want to build packages for OpenSuse, Ubuntu and others
that resolves dependencies (Gtk-Sharp>2.10,...etc) and adds a link to my
app in Applications menu in popular distributions. Nothing more.

Yes, you should be able to write one spec file and the service is doing the
mappings for you (for deb files you additionally .dsc files).

I dunno how well this works with mono packages, but feel free to report back,
maybe we can help you ;)

As I've said... I don't know if this service can help me or is oriented
to other things. And if this is not the purpouse of this service...
could you please orientate me in the proper way?

Just start at http://build.opensuse.org and try to help yourself with the
wiki:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service#How_to_Use_It

Ask back if you run into trouble.

The service does not help you to create a spec file atm, but you should be
able to copy an existing one from any mono app and modifing for your package.