Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS repository
  • From: Leo Eraly <leo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:48:10 +0100

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 21:17 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sunday 04 November 2007 21:13:47 wrote Leo Eraly:
Hi,

Would it be an option to add centOS repositories to the BS?

Since there are already fedora repositories I assume it would be kinda
straightforward to add a centos repository as well.

Centos 5 is the latest release. More information about centos is
available from www.centos.org

No plans exists for that yet.

Isn't Centos compatible with some Fedora ?

It's not really compatible. If you're lucky it will be possible to
install a fedora package on centos and vice versa.

Versions of packages differ.

I'm not really a centos/fedora expert so perhaps other more experienced
fedora/centos people could comment on this.

However centos is fully compatible with redhat enterprise.

Leo

--
Leo Eraly <leo@xxxxxxxxxxx>