[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse] Bye all
  • From: Joop Boonen <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:21:01 +0100
Hello Aniruddha,

I don't know if ever been at the fosdem in Belgium:
http://www.fosdem.org/ . There have been quite a few discussions how to
handle the buildservice tree. I think it would be very good if you'd
come to the fosdem, as i assume de openSuSE people will also been
there. The people at openSuSE are very open to improvements. I'd say
come to the fosdem. You'll also be able to meet up with gentoo people as
they are also there at least last year.

By the way i think it's impossible to give security guaranties for tries
that are maintained by maintainers who are doing it in their space time.
Also because some packages might be maintained by one person. If the
person is not able to build the fixed package, for what ever reason,
after a fixed security bug you end up with a potentially dangerous
package. I cant imagine this doesn't apply for gentoo.

By the way I'm very happy with and thankful for the people who use the
spare time building and maintaining packages and doing other work for
openSuSE.

Regards,

Joop.

Aniruddha wrote:
I would like to say goodbye. During an discussion on the Packman mailing
list about the security policy of the Packman repo (see
http://schiffbauer.net/pipermail/packman/2007-November/thread.html ) I
realized openSUSE isn't what I looking for. To be honest this has also
something to do with the rude manner in which my questions were
answered.

I really liked openSUSE 10.3 and the roadmap that lays ahead. I wish you
all good luck and thanks for helping me with all my questions. For now
I'll restore my Gentoo image and I will concentrate on building a Gentoo
distribution.

Unfortunately this also means I can't continue my support for the Dutch
mailing list. I hope you understand and sorry for the inconvenience.

@Freek
I am really sorry but this means I won't be able to help out with the
Dutch wiki.