Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: How secure is openSUSE build service?
  • From: Aniruddha <mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:32:03 +0100
On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 14:53 +0100, Guenter Dannoritzer wrote:
Aniruddha, I apologize, and I mean that sincere.

Guenter, thank you for your apologies and honesty. I really appreciate
it.

I got offended by your claim that packager for other distributions take
more security considerations than is done for the openSUSE packages.
That should not let me defer you from your effort to improve security
around the build service.

I am looking forward seeing this effort develop.

Me too. I think we should first focus on making the home:* repositories
more secure. What would best way to push this forward?

--
Regards,

Aniruddha

P.S.

I found another good example. Gparted is only available through the
(Build Service's) home:knuckles/openSUSE_10.3 repository. Gparted is
essential for example for formatting ntfs/fat32 USB devices.