Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: How secure is openSUSE build service?
  • From: Aniruddha <mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:21:47 +0100
On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 12:15 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

Interesting view from the inside :). I can imagine that devs don't have
time for a full fledged security audit (reviewing all code manually).
And I don't think this is necessary, correct me if I am wrong. Are your
only experienced with 'BSD or also with Gentoo/Debian?

All the various *BSD's and Debian, a little Gentoo, but mainly SUSE. A
audit is necessary for C2. It even requires the HW to be auditted. The
cert is for exactly the system.

You mean 'Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria' (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCSEC )?
I didn't know that one. Is actually used outside the army?

--
Regards,

Aniruddha

Please adhere to the OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette