Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How secure is openSUSE build service?
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 23:46:03 +0000
On 31/10/2007, Aniruddha <mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thinking of the average joe, openSUSE makes it so easy (with 1-Click
install), that it is impossible for them to tell whether it's safe to
add an repository or not. I can't even tell. On which factors should
they decide?

It will still query whether to trust the repository & the key it is
signed with. The same decision has to be made as when adding it
manually, it is just less hassle.

Now granted this "key" information isn't going to be very useful to
your average person. Hopefully in the future this could be tied into a
rating system which could look up how much the community
trusts/recommends the packager & his/her packages. Showing a star
rating in addition to the key would mean more I suspect.

--
Benjamin Weber