[opensuse-buildservice] How secure is openSUSE build service?
  • From: Aniruddha <mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:28:57 +0100
I wonder what are the security policies for openSUSE? What are the
chances for malicious software (rootkits, trojans) being offered through
the build service?

What is the procedure for security holes and/or exploits in software
offered in the openSUSE build repositories? I get the feeling openSUSE
is becoming just as insecure as Windows hence the warning you get when
adding repo's with 1-click install (see attachment). Or am I mistaken?
Any info would be appreciated!

--
Regards,

Aniruddha

Please adhere to the OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette