Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 5 End of life -> Projects deleted
  • From: John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:24:40 +1100
Hi,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 22 October 2007 23:38:03 wrote Wade Berrier:

Hi,

Isn't Fedora 5 end of life? Any reason it's still in the build service?

Right, Fedora:Core5 and Fedora:Extras5 project have been deleted and all
repositories building against it as well ...

You may want to check your projects and add Fedora7 instead of it.

OUCH! I have got an in-house server that I maintain (admittedly needing
an update) that was using bespoke packages built and hosted on Build
Service. Can I suggest that there be some form on notification system
put in place before software repositories are summarily deleted?
Obviously you are not in the business of providing free hosting and
backup etc etc but it would be nice to have a chance to remove my files
offline first, for example.

Can I ask again what the plans there are, if any, for adding Ubuntu 7.10
and the very-soon-to-be-released Fedora 8?

I know you guys probably have priorities relating to SUSE dev/support
but please recognise that your Build Service is of huge value to the
wider linux community, and developers like me wanting to ensure support
for a range of systems, so whatever you can do to provide stable and
ongoing support for these other distros is very much appreciated.

Cheers
JP