Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Redirector issues.
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:45:21 +0200
On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 05:39:12PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> [Oct 25. 2007 17:11]:
On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 04:56:02PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Please help me understand where the 'stickyness' comes from.

Thanks for the explanation !

I have added the text to
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Redirector also.

In this context it means:

Once a client has redirected to a certain mirror, it is redirected to
the same mirror again on the next request, and not to another randomly
chosen one.

Am I right to rephrase "it is redirected to the same mirror again on
the next request" as "the redirector is introducing the stickyness" ?

Yes, and it is optional behaviour, which can be switched off in the
Apache module. --Which is what I meant with "we have been running with and
without stickiness in the past".

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development