Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New openSUSE Buildservice Roadmap
  • From: Michael Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:08:08 +0000
On Wed, 2007-17-10 at 10:28 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 02:30:47PM -0500, Michael Wolf wrote:
Do the improvements listed at
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Roadmap#Milestone_Daffodil_.28Version_1.0.29.2C_April_2008
imply distributed revision control? Many people, myself included, want
this very much.

Hmm, this is more a tool issue than something we can do on the
build service. The build service currently stores the sources
pretty much the same way as git does, except that it uses
md5 sums instead of sha1 sums to identify a release (this is
for historical reasons).
I'm thinking about switching it over to sha1 so that it is
compatible to git, but I need to find some spare time for this.

If we could use git (with all of its features, of course) in place of
"osc diff", "osc commit", etc., that might be OK, although it seems like
more work in the long run than just using revision control in the first
place.