Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Redirector issues.
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:37:41 +0200
Sticky breaks installations, no sticky breaks general package
management - what is the solution? Can the redirector do better
checking on mirror availability and status? any thoughts? A solution
that can be achieved by only modifying d.o.o so that future 10.3
installations can go smoothly is obviously preferable.

just a few first thoughts. i will think more about it:

1. the frequency for those checks would be too high to avoid the
problem.

2. my first approach would be some history in the redirector.
if a client retries we know that the client requested the same file
again and send it to a different mirror.

the information could be stored in the same session structure as the
sticky mirror.

2. sounds like a good idea ... let's hear a comment from Peter about this
next
week.

Interesting idea indeed. Let me think about it :-)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
< Previous Next >