Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using osc behind a ssh tunnel (solved)
  • From: David Cournapeau <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:23:06 +0900
David Mayr wrote:

OK, I got it work:

First, you need to start your ssh tunnel. You need to have a host (here 'ssh.reachable.host') outside your network, that can connect to api.opensuse.org:443 without limitations:

   ssh -L  9999:api.opensuse.org:443  ssh.reachable.host

Then edit your /etc/hosts to have a line like the following - this is important because 1. the ssl certificate needs to be accepted by osc (hostname must be the same as in the certificate) and 2. the api-webserver needs to be called by it's real name (to choose the right vhost). Also remember to revert this step if you would like to connect to api.opensuse.org the normal way (without the ssh tunnel) again:

   127.0.0.1       localhost    api.opensuse.org

After that, edit your ~/.oscrc like this:

   apisrv = api.opensuse.org:9999
   [api.opensuse.org:9999]
   user = yourusername
   pass = yourpassword

Then osc should work even in your 'buggy' network :-)
Have a lot of fun...

Thanks, I manage to make a connection this way from a vmware image. May I suggest to make a note about the constraint to have the same DNS in the config file ? Because I don't think the current comment is really helpful.

Is there a chance that "normal" access through a https proxy will be worked out ?

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply !

David