[opensuse-buildservice] Building requires a X-server
  • From: Werner Hoch <werner.ho@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:26:19 +0100
Hi all,

the package matplotlib in the project science requires an X-server (or
at least a DISPLAY) to build (without changing the configuration
files).

Can I access an X-Server in the buildservice?
What are the required changes in my spec file?

Background:
matplotlib is a python package that gets some configuration informations
by calling some python routines:

> import gtk

produces a warning on openSUSE 10.2 and and error on SUSE_Linux_10.1

> import Tkinter
> tk = Tkinter.Tk()

raises an error as there is no DISPLAY set.

Patching out all checks is possible but I don't like this.

Regards
Werner