Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How is a buildenvironment defined?
  • From: "Jochen Hebbrecht" <jochenhebbrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:06:28 +0100
2007/3/7, Daniel Bornkessel <dbornkessel@xxxxxxx>:

That's the way to go, yes.
BuildRequires: perl = 5.8.7
will install perl and all the requirements that it needs.
Unless you really need this specific perl version, I would write
BuildRequires: perl
only, that installs the current default perl for you.
All packages get installed with rpm during the build in the build evironment
for you.
If perl 5.8.7 does not exist, you will get an 'expansion error' or something
alike, telling you that the build service can not find your package.

Ok, thanks for confirmation.
Just one question that is left: what does the "minimal" chroot
environment contains? I mean: image you start a build with no files in
it, what does is contain? :-) ... I guess glibc ? And stuff like that?
Is must be defined somewhere ...