Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How is a buildenvironment defined?
  • From: Daniel Bornkessel <dbornkessel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:00:41 +0100
On Wednesday 07 March 2007 14:35, Jochen Hebbrecht wrote:
> Is there a site/place where I can see what a minimal Suse 10.2 for
> example contains?
>
> And what if I want Perl 5.8.7 on it? How can I define that? Doing it in
> the .spec file? Buildrequires perl = 5.8.7
Hi.
That's the way to go, yes.
BuildRequires: perl = 5.8.7
will install perl and all the requirements that it needs.
Unless you really need this specific perl version, I would write
BuildRequires: perl
only, that installs the current default perl for you.
All packages get installed with rpm during the build in the build evironment
for you.
If perl 5.8.7 does not exist, you will get an 'expansion error' or something
alike, telling you that the build service can not find your package.
Regards,
Daniel