Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Promote meaningful changelog entries!
  • From: "Cristian Rodriguez R." <judas_iscariote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:41:07 -0300
Marcus Rueckert escribió:

> right. but often users might care why you did the version upgrade. so it
> is nice to outline/summarize at least the most important changes.

does **users** actually read that ? probably only advanced users ;-)

IMO, the rpm changelog is not the place to be verbose about changes in
the packaged **software itself**, that's the reason why the NEWS ,
CHANGELOG and vendor websites exists. upstream authors already provide
that information why on earth we should duplicate information ?

< Previous Next >