Re: [opensuse-buildservice] devel:languages:Python adding modules?
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:45:42 -0700
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2007-02-19 10:10:42 -0700, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > > server:mail has all the packges already.
> >
> > They are horibly out of date. So could I be added to that repo so I may
> > update them?
>
> not that much. and the only reason why they are out of date:
> upstream silently changed its domain without leaving a notice on the old
> site. i got a mail about 2 weeks ago with the new domain. but i was too
> busy. so ... just be patient.
>
> before you think about packaging the same program/lib twice "just
> because it is outofdate" ... you might want to ping the packager.
>
> if you want to find out if a package is already there use
>
> http://build.opensuse.org/search

I have been working with the Developer on getting the package RFC 4408
compliant. Also with the new Test Suite. I wanted to now get what I have
been doing with the SPF developer's on my favorite Distro. Currently
there are two libraries that are SPF RFC 4008 compliant. That is Mail-SPF
and pyspf. The test suite is at

http://www.openspf.org/Software
http://www.openspf.org/Implementations

The pyspf that I am using is pyspf-2.0.4. The one on cheeseshop is
2.0.3. I have been working with Stuart since 2.0. I have been part of
the SPF community since 2003 when it first started. I also work with
Julian. He is/has been re-elected to the SPF Council and is the Chairman.
He authored Mail SPF.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>