Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OT: How to get path out of autoconf into source
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:27:21 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > what counts is the value it gets defined to. What you want is an absolute
> > path, but what you get is a meaningless shell variable.
>
> Just for the records: This style of coding already broke at least 6
> packages in the past: hal (#210297), inkscape (#204719), initial
> (#220321), dbus (#202854), glib-gettext (#213926) and just now
> enlightenment (#246294).

Seems your AM_CPPFLAGS solution is much nicer, than the looped macro
expansion in these bug reports. Thank's again for your help.

> Everyone who still does that will be hung up and burnt alive by me personally.

As this and other problems will tend to come up again and again, what
about a packager FAQ on the build service pages to collect these sort of
questions related to package building?

My question could be the first one there.

P.S. It seems pavuk now builds completely even with socks, ssl and all the
stuff it supports enabled.
Next project will be pixieplus KDE tool. But I first need to find out how
to make a release archive in KDE before I make RPM's. :-)

Ciao