Re: [opensuse-buildservice] FUSE project?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:37:45 +0100
>>> On 16-02-2007 at 14:30, Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> i would call it the packman syndrom. you just want mp3... but by
adding
> the packman repos and just run smart upgrade ... you get tons of
other
> updated libraries. And sometimes it can break your system.
>
> While i agree that we shouldnt split that much. i still think we
should
> split it in different repositories when needed.

That brings me back to a suggestion I already gave once... but somehow
got lost.

For the example for games: it would be nice if you could subscribe to
games:/action, games:/adventure all by single.. but there should also
be the option just to subscribe to games

If THIS addition could be given to the BS, it would truly improve the
whole system.

About the PM-Syndrome: you're absolutely right; that's also why I avoid
putting that one (and guru) in my installations. For these few libs I
need for MP3, I prefer downloading the required RPMs one by one and
install them. I experianced once that by ALSA system got broken by PM.
And was quiet a hassle to bring it back (ok: PM fixed it after a while
with new RPMs too..)

Dominique