Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Issues installing init scripts
  • From: Nadia Derbey <Nadia.Derbey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:50:22 +0100
Andrew Wafaa wrote:
Nadia Derbey wrote:

Andrew Wafaa wrote:

I've been having issues getting my packages to install the init scripts.
I am always left with a build failure stating:

+ /usr/bin/install -D -m755 init/bongo.init.fc4 -D
/var/tmp/build-root-bongo/etc/init.d/bongo

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `init/bongo.init.fc4': No such file or
directory

Looks like your file is missing from the BUILD/<your-package> directory:
the 1st thing rpmbuild does during the install phase is to go there:

Executing(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.23204
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/derbeyn/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd libtune-0.12

So (unless you did some 'cd xxx' before trying to install your init
script), check that init/bongo.init.fc4 has been correctly generated in
the BUILD directory.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nadia

It looks like it moves from $RPM_BUILD_ROOT into /var/tmp/<package>, so
I inserted a cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT prior to trying to install the init
script but still the same answer :(

I think my %install isn't actually correct, but I'm still learning:

BTW, there's a document (http://www.gurulabs.com/GURULABS-RPM-LAB/GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.PDF) that contains quite an interesting scheme (page # 18) about the directories involved in the rpm building process.

Regards,
Nadia