Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Issues installing init scripts
  • From: Nadia Derbey <Nadia.Derbey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:43:40 +0100
Andrew Wafaa wrote:
Nadia Derbey wrote:

Andrew Wafaa wrote:

I've been having issues getting my packages to install the init scripts.
I am always left with a build failure stating:

+ /usr/bin/install -D -m755 init/bongo.init.fc4 -D
/var/tmp/build-root-bongo/etc/init.d/bongo

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `init/bongo.init.fc4': No such file or
directory

Looks like your file is missing from the BUILD/<your-package> directory:
the 1st thing rpmbuild does during the install phase is to go there:

Executing(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.23204
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/derbeyn/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd libtune-0.12

So (unless you did some 'cd xxx' before trying to install your init
script), check that init/bongo.init.fc4 has been correctly generated in
the BUILD directory.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nadia

It looks like it moves from $RPM_BUILD_ROOT into /var/tmp/<package>, so
I inserted a cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT prior to trying to install the init
script but still the same answer :(

I think this is the thing u did wrong: the BuildRoot is the location where everything is installed before the package is actually built. so IMHO you shouldn't go there before your install.
1) the sources are uncomprssed into the BUILD/<your-package>
2) %build is done there
3) %install is done there too, with target directory = $RPM_BUILD_ROOT (which is /var/tmp/your-package>
4) %files is done relatively to $RPM_BUILD_ROOT with target drectory = RPM/<your-platform>

Regards,
Nadia