Re: [opensuse-buildservice] add function: clobber Project
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:34:57 +0100
Robert Schiele wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 02:10:04PM +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
>
>> @Michael: Why did the server come into the state where the normal
>> "trigger rebuild" does not help?
>>

> Also I am not Michael and I don't know what was the exact reason for _this_
> case I can explain you a case that can lead to situations like this:
>
> All build rely on a certain set of base backages like the glibc for instance.
> Without a working glibc version you cannot build any package. If you have an
> empty project you don't have a glibc in your project but you are still happy
> because you get this from your "parent" project. Now if you build a glibc
> package yourself this will be used for future builds. If the glibc you built
> is broken (but does still build) then you are out of luck because you no
> longer get the glibc from your parrent project but your own broken version.
> That way you cannot build _any_ package any more. You even can't rebuild the
> package that created the broken glibc to fix the issue.
>
> Robert

You explaind exactly the error case I had. My initial _link produced a
"glibc replacement", because I was not yet completed by checking in
the other files (in this case: the "real" specfile).

The only reason for me to have a "clobber & rebuild" was the fact that you
can bring the system to a deadlock. There are other way how you can
produce such a situation.

@Michael: Is is OK for you to add such a "clobber & rebuild" function in
addition
to "trigger rebuild" or would you change "trigger rebuild" to do more
things?

Martin