Re: [opensuse-buildservice] add function: clobber Project
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:21:21 +0100
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 02:10:04PM +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
> @Michael: Why did the server come into the state where the normal
> "trigger rebuild" does not help?

Also I am not Michael and I don't know what was the exact reason for _this_
case I can explain you a case that can lead to situations like this:

All build rely on a certain set of base backages like the glibc for instance.
Without a working glibc version you cannot build any package. If you have an
empty project you don't have a glibc in your project but you are still happy
because you get this from your "parent" project. Now if you build a glibc
package yourself this will be used for future builds. If the glibc you built
is broken (but does still build) then you are out of luck because you no
longer get the glibc from your parrent project but your own broken version.
That way you cannot build _any_ package any more. You even can't rebuild the
package that created the broken glibc to fix the issue.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxx